maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Friday, October 14, 2011

PFM Obsession: The Fabulous Rachel Roy










 Did you ever come across a designer whose line just make you swoon and you find yourself wanting to spend your entire savings on the collection? Well that's how I felt when taking a (looooong) look at Rachel Roy's current autumn/winter 2011-12 designs available online; in that moment I fell head over heels for the heavily layered looks. I am loving the floral dresses topped with bright cobalt blue blazers and cardigans. And the tie-neck blouse with a textured curly lamb vest...I already mentally scanned my wardrobe for a re-creation of this look. Her designs are so bold and dramatic with the perfect mix of urban and boho that has me totally enthralled. What really got me were the high heeled peep-toe hiking boots atop thick scrunched wool socks. I am so ready to rock that look with some walkable peeptoe wedges, perhaps these will be a future purchase. 

Sesheta and I have long been admirers of the more affordable RACHEL Rachel Roy line, which has a strong contemporary edge with lots of patterns and bright colors. I love that the same holds true for her designer line, it's just a little bit more refined. If you are looking for an investment piece in your wardrobe that makes a statement, look no further than Rachel Roy. It doesn't hurt that Ms. Roy's personal style exhudes major confidence and street-savvy glamour. Oooh those colored trousers!

(LINKS: Vogue UK and Rachel Roy)

No comments:

Post a Comment