maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Monday, October 17, 2011

Daily Outfit: Shoes That Sparkle




About 10 years ago I went through a brief phase of compulsively purchasing anything that sparkled. Large rhinestone accents on a tank top? Must have. Glitter eyeshadow...yes please. Sequins sequins and more sequins- sure. You get the idea. And now I still love me some sparkle, but my editing skills have greatly improved.

I could not resist these vintage-inspired shoes. I already have a soft spot for mary janes, but what really sold me was the sparkly gold crackle finish....ah the more gold the better. The best part is the versatility of these shoes. I've worn them with a peplum strapless dress to a wedding, but now I wanted an everyday look that felt casual, yet chic. I love how the shoes dress up my jeans, worn here with a crisp white tie-neck top and a tweed blazer. I held back from accessorizing with a sequined headband, but instead brought in some sparkle with glam gold lasercut earrings. It's all about harmony!

(Moon-Glow Mary Janes- Anthropologie, Tweed Blazer- Sample Sale, Denim- Bitten by SJP, Pleat Front Tie-Neck Top- Anthropologie {3 years ago}, Earrings- Anthropologie, Thai Rose Headband- MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment