maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Daily Outfit: Layers of Charm





This was a glorious Friday that started out sunny and warm, and ended up with a torrential downpour that had me running for cover in my suede wedges. Oops. Ahhhh, the unpredictability of early October. 

I love floral prints and although this vintage skirt is slightly sheer, I had a simple solution that did not require a slip: tuck in a tunic dress! This fitted tunic doesn't get out much because let's face it, it's quite tight and clingy. And you have to worry about wearing the right undergarments in order to feel confidant that there aren't any strange goings-on in certain areas. Instead it became the perfect puffed shoulder top to tuck into this skirt that is so tight around my ribcage that I was worried about making it through a day of work and out to dinner without having to unzip it. Apparently in the past people had much tinier waists. Please note that this won't stop me from collecting many more high-waisted skirts because they are just so darn pretty. I added a little denim to my floral, and some modern to my vintage with my neon green Elliptical Earrings. Keeping it fresh and charming!

(Skirt- Vintage, Tunic Top- H&M, Denim Jacket- J.Crew, Suede Wedges- Sam Edelman Nikola, Chunky Cognac Bracelet and Snakebite Belt- Anthropologie, Jersey Mobius and Elliptical Earrings- MavenFresh, Rings & Silver Bracelet- Vintage)

No comments:

Post a Comment