maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Daily Outfit: A Fall Pièce de Résistance






You may have noticed that I like to shop Anthropologie... a lot. But rarely, and I mean rarely, do I get something from there that's not a bargain (at least by Anthro standards). When I saw they were having 30% off outerwear for a limited time, it was only natural to take a peek. That's all it took, there were so many reasons to invest in the Umbered Houndstooth Coat. I was immediately charmed by the vintage-inspired style and I've been on the hunt for a longer length fall coat that could easily transition into early winter. It has a detachable fur collar that I can't wait to wear separately, perhaps pinned over a sweater. And full disclosure: I'm a complete eBay addict, and lots of times I will sell something I already own in order to alleviate some shopper's guilt. This time around I bought a coat, and then I sold a coat. Woohoo! But no matter what fate was in store from the eBay gods, this coat is a unique and classic investment piece that will be making me happy for many years to come.

We had places to go and people to see, so this ended up being an early (and chilly) morning shoot. I don't like to wake up early on a Saturday but I do like a reason to dress up! I removed the fur collar from the coat- I was feeling the need to amp up the navy/eggplant color story with my Open Weave Crochet Mobius (and amp up the warmth!) The slightly loose fit of the coat makes it ready for lots of layers underneath, exactly what I like!

(Coat- Anthropologie, Spanx Tight-End Reversible Tights in Navy/Black- eBay, Cardigan- Gap, Lulabell Dress- Shopbop, Clog Booties- Madewell, Mobius in Dusk- MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment