maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Friday, October 14, 2011

Daily Outfit: Naturally Curly


fly away skirt lol


my fro-hawk

though it was not my original intent when putting this outfit on, Becca's hair post inspired this ode to my naturally curly locks.  

those of you out there with naturally curly hair understand the plight of good curls days and kinda curly days lol.  this was a good curl day because my hair was freshly washed and still doing it's thing.  it just so happened that i threw on my "curly" tee 'cause i thought it would be a fun addition to the vintage goth vibe i had going on.  the t-shirt is a souvenir from my visit to Miss Jessie's Salon, back when it was located in Brooklyn.  (for a long time, there were some horrible before and after pics of me on their website!)  my hair has been through so many transitions since then - lengths, colors and symmetry!  despite those changes, the one constant is my curly texture.  there is nothing more freeing than learning to embrace the natural texture of your hair - hair freedom.  i no longer worry about the things i used to when it comes to hair like rain or humidity.  do you have that same freedom?

becca's cut has me revisiting my longing for color though... stay tuned! i may just show up one of these days with a brighter 'do!

(Curly t-shirt - Miss Jessies, puffed shoulder sweater - H&M, studded belt - J Crew, vintage polka dot pleated skirt - MavenReFreshed, Bubble Shaker black leggings - Tarik NuClothes, Doc Martens, Gold Shoulder Strands - MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment