maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spiritual PFM: Little Reminders

it could have been really easy to slip into a bad mood because of the rain on my birthday (especially because that is not what the weather said yesterday, smh).  in fact, i was already on my way to that state when, one of my good friends stopped me in my tracks by saying, "you bring the sunshine, birthday girl!"  i was starting to commit to the funk but her little reminder helped to bring me back to seeing the lighter side, my silver lining.  as i sat and watched the rain subside and then witnessed the sky becoming brighter and lighter, i claimed it; i bring the sunshine!!  in one instant, my mood was lifted.  it really can be that simple - to choose to be one way or another, happy or funky.  i chose happy and i was reminded that i should be coming from a place of gratitude today and always.  ... so here goes:

Give thanks and praise for those little reminders
and for those beautiful beings that remind you.
give thanks for sunshine and rain, rainbows and clouds;
give thanks for all things sparkly, blingy, glittery, shiny; :)
give thanks for my family - blood and adopted;
give thanks for yarn, beads, crystals;
give thanks for color;
give thanks for life, for the blessing of another day of breath 
and the promise of a new year.
ashe!
xo Sesheta

No comments:

Post a Comment