maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Monday, October 15, 2012

Daily Outfit: Classics for a Special Evening




A couple of weekends ago I celebrated with friends the recent marriage of a bride 'n groom who had the pleasure of getting hitched in Ireland; they topped it off with a lovely wedding reception here in NY. It took place at a beach-side venue on Long Island where we were fortunate enough to be partying with a gorgeous ocean view!

For the wedding, I pulled out my washed silk cocktail dress. It's a classic piece that I rarely wear, but when I do I realize that it's worth hanging on to! I went retro with my sparkly gold maryjanes and tied it together with a vintage purse in a neutral color. To finish off the look I paired this deep blue dress with a multi-strand cabochon necklace that I save for special occasions. Can't forget the blazer to ward off any strong ocean breeze. It's always fun to dress up (and celebrate!) xoxo Becca

(Dress- Development by Erica Davies {about 5 years old, but this is similar} Necklace- Vintage similar, Handbag-Vintage similar, Cocktail Ring- Vintage similar, Shoes- Anthropologie similar, Blazer- Urban Outfitters)

No comments:

Post a Comment