maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spiritual PFM: Cricket and more: Leaping over Hard Lessons

Photo courtesy of here
the end of the summer into early fall was a rough transition for me.  i had a lot of good things going on but, at the same time, i was being faced with some hard lessons about life.  i was totally overwhelmed with all that was expected of me. ...so much so that it didn't seem like there was any relief in sight.  while some areas were moving full speed ahead, the areas that i wanted to move forward were at a complete and utter standstill.   it left me feeling uninspired, down in the dumps and just plain ol' unhappy.  then, it seemed like all of a sudden things started to move forward.  what happened exactly?  well, that's what i have been wondering so that i can create a formula so that i can repeat it for when life decides to be a pain in the a$$ (which i know is inevitably going to happen again).  here are a couple things that stand out in my mind:

  1. Cricket appeared - this summer in my house, we suddenly kept finding crickets.  we had no idea how they were getting in but, they were.  it drove us insane!! there is nothing like heading to your kitchen to get a drink and being greeted by a cricket in the middle of the floor.  arrrrgghhh!! at the time, all i could do was add this to my frustration list.  now that i have had some time to reflect, i am confident that spirit was trying to send us a message.  i looked in my Animal Speak book and according to Ted Andrews, crickets are a sign of growth.  ...not just your average growth that happens incrementally, but  growth that literally jumps ahead. an additional google search on the web led me to this site that states, "The crickets’ hind legs are modified for jumping. They leap over difficult situations effortlessly always choosing to land in a more pleasing environment and can teach us how to do the same. A powerful ally that embodies the qualities of faith and trust the cricket serves us well. All we need to do is follow its lead."   all of this made total sense!!  ...not only in regards to the situation at hand, but also to my entire life.  for example, after years of  living with my in-laws and feeling like i would never move, the opportunity came up to purchase my house!  just like that, i became a homeowner!  while most people make gradual changes in life, it definitely feels like i make changes in sudden leaps.
  2.  Saturn moved out of Libra - even the stars suddenly joined on my side.  the planet saturn is known as the task master, the planet that rules over hard lessons.  it takes saturn 29 years to travel around the sun and it makes its slow, painful trip taking two and a half years to get through each sign.  October 5th marked the date that Saturn left Libra and moved into Scorpio.  wooohooo! (sorry, Scorpios!)  i am a Libra and, boy, do i know first hand how hard the last 2.5 years has been for me.  i have learned a lot about myself and questioned just about everything that i believe in during this time.  although i know that i am a stronger person from it all, i am glad for a little relief any way i can get it!!
  3. Working on me - once i accepted the hard fact that there was nothing that i could physically do to make my life get easier, i started working on me.  i added more juicing into my diet, upped my prayers, and started focusing on giving myself extra love.  it was super easy to focus on everything that was going wrong so i made a point of turning my focus inward.  after all, the only thing that i can control is me.
  4. Enlisted my prayer warriors - when things started to get crazy, i started speaking to the people i knew had close connections with the Most High.  i requested that they add me and my family to their list when praying.  i believe in the power in numbers so, in addition to my prayers for help and breakthroughs, i knew that having others praying for me would only increase my chances of success.  i hope that you are blessed to have prayer warriors in your life; if you don't, you need to enlist them now!
though i can't force breakthroughs to happen when i want them, i have definitely learned that when i need them to, they happen.  i'm hoping that continuing to be open to signs from spirit as well as connecting to my spirit within (and to others who are doing the same) will help keep me from feeling blue the next time life throws me for a loop.  i sure hope that it will be quite a while before it happens again #fingerscrossed lol, xo Sesheta

No comments:

Post a Comment