maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

PFM Confessional: I love my Mommy

just the three of us - my sis, mom and me

what happens when we get together 
this post is dedicated to my Mom.  it's a public love letter to wish her Happy Birthday!! it saddens me that we are so far apart on her special day because it would be nice to be able to spend time with her today.  instead, i am thinking of her and sending her love so that she can have a great day with her ATL family since we can't be there.  

with my sister and i out of the house, my mom made an exodus down south to do something that she has always wanted to do - move to Atlanta.  though it's hard to have her so far, i am proud of her for following through.  both my sister and i have become the women we are because we embody her strength and courage.  i am thankful that she is never more than a call away because there are many times that there is no one but my mom who can make me feel better. :)

the above pics were taken at my oldest son's graduation.  these are some of my favorite pics  of us because we aren't able to get together all that often anymore and to have it captured on "film" makes me smile.  

...so Mommy, though i don't have more than love to offer you right now, (you know i promise you the world as soon as i can give it to you lol, but they don't accept credit) my love is good as gold- especially when it comes to you.  thank you for everything you do, seen and unseen.  i miss you and wish you were here.  have a wonderful time celebrating you because we are celebrating having you in our lives. love you xo me

2 comments:

  1. Mom is gorgeous and looks so young, Loves it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She would LOVE to hear that! I will definitely pass on your compliments :)

      Delete