maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Daily Outfit: All Night Vintage Sparkle





I'm pretty sure I let out a squeal of joy when I first saw this vintage Pierre Cardin sweater. It's gold and sparkly. It's an item you want to create your outfit around. And it also happened to be the star of my back-up outfit for NYE. Originally I had a dress in mind, but after trying said dress on again (the night before, you know how that goes!) I was underwhelmed. Luckily, my lifesaver Pierre was there to give me that extra zing needed to start the New Year off right. It ain't always easy to achieve glam and comfortable, but my new dark denim skinnies helped me nail it! I added a little more drama with leopard booties, old-school hammered gold earrings, chunky bracelets, and some big hair... and poof...all ready to go out to dinner and celebrate with a close group of friends and family. Can't believe that was already a week ago today! 

PS For those of you just itching to vary your relationship with the curling iron, I totally recommend trying the Hot Tools Deep Waver. Very easy to use and I love the crimped wavy results that will last for days if you let 'em. It's big frizz done just right.  

(Pierre Cardin Sweater- Vintage,  Hudson Nico Mid Rise Skinny Jeans in Chelsea- Shopbop {I got them on eBay for 1/2 price}, Leopard Booties- Nordstrom, Beaded Bracelets- Anthropologie, Nails- Sally Hansen Wishnets)

No comments:

Post a Comment