maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Friday, January 27, 2012

PFMs Do It Better: Seductive Brown Eyes

Seductive Brown
the inspiration

the tools

5. the blush!  how could i forget!! 
                                                       

my version
seductively brown eyes

my new fave lip color

i am a novice make-up artist.  i've been doing my own make-up since the days i used to perform in musicals as a little girl.  at age 9, i had no idea how valuable these skills would be for me now.  i love looking at a make-up look and trying to recreate it and now i'm sharing my experimentation with you!

step 1. the inspiration "Seductively Brown" (pic.1)-  while perusing the Make Up For Ever site, i came upon this look which was super sexy and seemed easy to replicate.  

step 2. the tools (pic. 2) - i gathered my tools of the trade to begin playing.  though i don't have the palette that was on their site, i used what i had in my collection to help me achieve the look. 
  1.  after applying concealer and foundation to my face, i primed my eyes using the Urban Decay primer that came along with my NAKED eyeshadow collection (did we mention that there is a NAKED 2 collection??!! but i digress...).  then, i applied DARKHORSE to my eye lids.    i used BUCK in the creases.  i also used VIRGIN just under my eye brow and then used NAKED between VIRGIN and BUCK to assist with blending.  the Make Up For Ever steps suggested blending color under the eye also, but, since i was wearing this look for day, i left this step out.  
  2. i used a dark brown eyeliner, like this MAC eyeliner in coffee, to line my bottom lashes.  I then smudged the color to get that smoky look.
  3. i applied my tried and true Maybelline Great Lash mascara in Brownish Black on both my upper and lower lashes.
  4. then i added Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lip color #39, described as a orange coral, on my lips.  LOVE this nude color!! so chic with just about any look!
  5. i forgot to add this staple to my tools pic!! i use this Lorac bronzer/blush duo almost every day!! it is the perfect light color to compliment the dark eyes and nude lip.
step 3. choose an outfit to compliment your face- this was the first time i decided my make-up look before i knew what i wanted to wear!  goes to show, inspiration is inspiration - no matter the form.  i thought my (borrowed) fedora and edgy chain earrings worked well to compliment my smoky eye!

Ta-da! seductive brown!!  can't wait to try this on a night out on the town!

(Men's Fedora - unknown, Jade Cluster earrings - MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment