maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Sunday, January 22, 2012

PFMs Music Corner: Mylo Xyloto - Coldplay

Mylo Xyloto

about two months ago, i was talking with a friend who mentioned that Coldplay had a new album out.  i was totally shocked because I hadn't heard anything about it.  while i wouldn't consider myself a die hard fan, i do really enjoy their music.  i was late to get on the bandwagon but, never-the-less, i consider myself a fan.  i really like their A Rush of Blood to the Head and X & Y albums, but this new album, Mylo Xyloto (pronounced my-lo zy-letoe) may be my new fave.  each of their albums have different vibes going on and, to me, this album exudes success.  it seems obvious that they are group with a lot of experience under their belt.  the more i listen to the album, i find a new favorite song.  first it was Paradise but now i really love Charlie Brown.  i'm so glad that my friend put me on to the new album!  i saw her the other day and she (a true blue fan) told me that, in an effort to get the best seat possible, ended up buying three sets of tickets to their August show at MSG.  she offered to sell me a pair... i am really considering taking her up on it!  

now i'm off to watch SNL because Becca just let me know that episode when Coldplay was the musical guest is about to replay!  

toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment