maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

PFM Styling: Fur Vest & Denim, Take 1





This lovely faux fur vest found it's way into my collection and immediately I was overwhelmed (in a good way) by all the different styling possibilities! After recently discovering the blog Eat Sleep Denim, I was inspired to combine my love of winter layering with my love of denim and create two looks that are so easy to rustle up. 

For this first outfit, kick it off with your little denim dress. My dress happens to be an oldie, but a goodie. While on vacation in Vermont I wandered into a shop and there it was; it's a wardrobe essential that I love being able to re-work all year round. I'm wearing leggings, but opaque tights would also be an option. Chocolate knee-high boots add some interest and warmth...and let's keep the layers going with a striped knit turtleneck. I love that the alternating oatmeal and black stripes really bring out the color variations in the vest. The peacock feathers in my earrings add an unexpected flash of bright color. Finish with a fuzzy crocheted turban and you'll be textured and toasty! The look kinda speaks to my inner  "glamper" (glamorous-camper.) Or maybe it's just the scenery.

Stay tuned for Take 2 on Thursday!

(Faux Fur Vest- RACHEL Rachel Roy, Denim Dress- Sanctuary thrifted, MNG Turtleneck- JC Penney, Black Leggings- Old Navy, Boots- Frye, Feather Fanfare Earrings & Turban- {coming SOON!} to MavenFresh, Nails- OPI The It Color )

No comments:

Post a Comment