maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Daily Outfit: Vintage Bouquet

i couldn't resist twirling
and twirling...
lol still going



as we wish summer adieu, I had to post pics of this look, one of my faves from the summer.  it is a perfect example of a super cheap, effortless way to look expensive.  if you don’t know by now, while i love the to-die-for  high-priced items, i totally jump at thrift store bargains.  now that everyone has jumped on the thrift store band-wagon or i should say “vintage” band-wagon, finding a really good store that isn’t expensive or picked over can be tricky.  i had been mourning the loss of my favorite local thrift shop when i discovered a new spot this summer.  this dress is one of my first finds!  i am not usually a print girl, let alone floral.  don’t get me wrong, i am very girly – but i prefer ruffles and sequins.  prints usually have to be super edgy or different (i loooooooooooove african prints).  but something about this dress appealed to me.  it may have been the vintage style bandeau top and billowing long skirt that grabbed me.  it was the perfect answer to my maxi dress craving.  i topped my dress with my super-sized puff shoulder sweater (try saying that five times fast lol). Then, to add some edge to this boho look, i added my vintage chain belt, my studded black gladiators and my extra-long gold strands.   ahhh, i’ll miss summer…

(Floral Vintage maxi dress and leather/chain belt - MavenReFreshed, Black puff-sleeve sweater - H&M, Black studded sandals - BCBGMaxazria, Gold Shoulder Strands - MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment