maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Friday, September 2, 2011

Daily Outfit: Australian Princess


Wait, wait let me explain. Yesterday my co-worker took a look at my outfit and told me "you look just like an Australian princess." what. does. that. mean? I had no choice but to smile wide, thank her, hold in my laughter and then get to my desk to google what exactly this term could be. After coming across the 2005 Australian reality TV show by that same name, I decided that this could not be what she meant. Hmmm I'm just gonna go with it.

I was feeling a North ForkChic vacation vibe when I put together this outfit. I would definitely wear this for a day of wine-tasting & thrift store shopping. The jumpsuit was a fab find in H&M; Sesheta pulled it from the racks for me to try on & it was love. She knows me so well! I am really into the ease and flowiness of it. I decided to mix it with some nautical stripes and bad hair (cue the fedora & side braid). The hat works so well that I would have worn it even if it was a good hair day!

By the way, someone else really loves this jumpsuit too. While I was trying to pack a lunch & get out the door I suddenly felt someone furry with claws clinging to my calf. Yes, my cat had swiftly climbed inside my pant leg. What can I say, he likes flowy fabric too.

Hooray for the weekend!

(Jumpsuit- H&M, Navy Stripe Bandeau- American Apparel, Fedora- Gap, Rain Drop Earrings- MavenFresh, Wedges- Sam Edelman @Bloomies; sold out)

No comments:

Post a Comment