maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Design Lust: Suitcase Surprise

There are countless ways that vintage suitcases can be used throughout your home...and I am not talking about packing them for your next vacation! I've been on the perpetual hunt for a couple of vintage suitcases to make a bedside table in our guest room. They will replace the bed tray that is currently sitting on the floor with a lamp on top of it; quite the conversation piece. Totally not kidding about that, and the interior designer in me is feeling some shame. So I am loving the playful vibe that they will bring into the space, and it's always so wonderful to bring new life to an old piece. Did I mention the added storage?  Not to worry, it's only been like 6 months of searching...both online and in various shops. And who doesn't like to have countless conversations with me about the perfect size, color, and details that my nonexistent stacked-suitcase-nightstand will have? (Sure my husband would vouch for that.) But sometimes for me it's the thrill of the hunt. And if I wasn't still looking I wouldn't have come across these beautiful inspirational images. Thank you Design Sponge for reminding me that I have yet to find what I am yearning for. But I am getting closer. 

Yellow print and mustard yellow luggage- what could be better! 

Hmmm, I could also use some under-the-desk storage
Charming and simple. 
Brilliant reinvention including the luggage rack!
My favorite of the bunch- just need to get my hands on a couple of these pretties
Links: DESIGN SPONGE 

No comments:

Post a Comment