maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Daily Outfit: Midi Statement





I swoon over midi skirts and dresses; if they happen to be pleated, double swoon! It was love at first sight with this vintage dress. In fact I almost squealed with delight when I found out that the temperature was to dip down to 70 because that's just perfect weather for polyester. By the way, warm and humid at the end of September in New York? I am definitely enjoying every last minute of it. 
 
The dress has a pretty blue and green geometric pattern that offered many pairing options...so I eventually styled it up with a ruffly dark blue blazer and played off the vintage chic vibe with a high side bun and Rosette Headband. Note to self: layering a slouchy crop sweater over the dress would be a fun option in the cooler months with tights. Feeling feminine and flirty, I was ready for the day in my pleated calf-skimming dress. This fall there are so many must-have trends, but I highly recommend pursuing this one. 

PS Special thanks to my girlie Sesheta for lugging that big ol wind machine to our shoot. You really didn't have to...I am sure my dress and hair would have been just fine without it. Haha
 
(Dress- Vintage, Ruffled Blazer- Anthropologie, Distressed Belt- J.Crew, Sunnies- Thrifted, Slingbacks- BCBG, Thai Rosette Headband- MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment