maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Daily Outfit: Beautiful B-Girl








crazy me lol
vintage design - my nefer necklace and it's jingle bells



i am totally saddened that the warm weather days are dwindling.  since i know my days of easy dressing are coming to an end till next spring, i am trying to take full advantage of the days i have left.  there is nothing more fabulous than being submerged in a color.  today's choice - kelly green.  this color (all bright colors actually) makes me so happy.  i also feel confident and chic without much effort at all. to make this dress office appropriate, i paired it with a rare thrift shop find - a matte silver sequin tube top.   the color of the dress inspired me to bring out one of my vintage necklace designs (created before MavenFresh was born).  the ancient egyptian "nefer" symbol on it means beautiful and that's exactly how it makes me feel.  the bells at the end of the necklace's fringe add a sweet soundtrack to every step i make!  i also brought out a vintage Tasha West design (one of my talented designer friends) - these asymmetrical leather earrings are light as well as the perfect compliment to the necklace. my turquoise adidas track jacket is an addition that's fun and also functional; you know, i gotta let my inner b-girl shine! :)

(green maxi dress - TJ Maxx, thrift shop vintage sequin tube top - Zara, Missy Elliot Respect ME track jacket - Adidas, silver t-strap sandals, dolce vita, vintage leather earrings - Tasha West, vintage custom Ra Sa necklace -  MavenFresh by inquiry only

No comments:

Post a Comment