maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Daily Outfit: Navajo Love


 
 
 
Seems like everyone is on vacation during the holidays...so let's pretend that I am going away to a remote mountain location where I can unwind, play around in some snow, and sit by a big warm fireplace drinking a hot toddy wrapped up in this scarf/blanket. If I was taking said vacation (I said if!) I would definitely be packing this cozy outfit. I pulled out this super sweet 1970s navajo cardigan sweater for a look that's a little bit southwestern and slightly bohemian. I'm all about mixing denim, fringe, and cozy layers. My sweater almost feels like a blanket with it's enormous hood and kimono sleeves, and I love the desert sunset color palette. I may just continue this urban-cowgirl-boho frontier-esque trend through the winter...already picturing this  cardigan with some denim cutoff shorts, thick-knit tights, lace-up boots, a plaid shirt, and a fur hat.

PS Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend... these are some things that made me happy:
Finding the perfect recipe organizer for my mom; she's the most amazing cook ever who has always kept all recipes in her head/  Happy to score the last box of these limited edition red fishnet nail polish strips at Duane Reade. Yep I realize these were originally released for Halloween but who doesn't want a dose of bright poppy during the holidays/  First Christmas in our new house/ First fire in our fireplace (next time we will fully open the flue, haha oops)/ Anthropologie is still having an extra 50% off sale items/  Lots of quality time with family and friends!

 (Navajo Cardigan- Vintage, Essential Chambray Tunic- Anthropologie, Skinny Jeans- Gap, Feather Open Weave Crochet Mobius- MavenFresh, High-Heel Booties- Zara, Lasercut Earrings- Anthropologie)

No comments:

Post a Comment