maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Daily Outfit: Hooray for Chambray

 


Many a stylist will tell you that it all starts with a great shirt...and a chambray button-down happens to be one of my favorites. This shirt is actually called the Essential Tunic (hooray Anthro), very appropriate being that it's easy to take from day to night and transitions well from season to season. It's on the longer side which makes it perfect for me to tuck into skirts, but I've been known to rock it tunic style with printed leggings. Which brings me to an important point: leggings should not be treated just as you would your other types of pants. More specifically, take a good look in the mirror... is your bum covered? Then by all means, you can wear leggings underneath. Oh and underwear too- why not just go crazy.

The weather around here has been acting kinda unpredictable, so I went for another piece that is also super versatile. The length, material, and pattern make this skirt something I wear in summer and winter. I thought the denimy color background of the skirt worked well with the chambray. I love the vintage look and feel, complete with a big floppy bow at the paper-bag waist. Hey did I mention it was almost 80 degrees? Thus the cork wedge sandals.

PS Sesheta, great minds shop alike. For the record, I call them "tie neck blouses" and we definitely share that obsession!!!

(Essential Tunic- Anthropologie, Bowtied Mini- Anthropologie, Necklace- Ebay, Cork Wedges- Aldo; still available at ASOS)

No comments:

Post a Comment