maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PFMs Do It Better: Dotted Mani How To


I've been inspired to try out a dotted manicure for a while now, and I'm loving the results! With this latest creation I got a bunch of compliments... on my nail polish strips (ha, my fault since I'm always wearing the Sally Hansens.) Suprise, surprise...it's nail polish! It's a tiny bit more work than I usually put into my manicures, but it was super easy and totally chic. Can't wait to try out more ideas in the future. 

Pick your color. Pale lilac is the color of the moment...just ask Lucky Magazine. I agree, but really I picked Zoya Nail Polish in Megan out of my collection knowing that it would be a subtle milky background for the white dots. Other recommendations? A cool mint or soft peach.

1. Prep your nails. Do your thang...file, shape, buff etc.

2. Apply base coat. Sally Hansen Salon Manicure base is my fave.

3. Apply two coats of your nail polish. Let dry completely.

4. Using a nail art pen, make your dots. It's that simple. This pen has a precise point that's easy to use. Hold your hand steady and start dotting! I began closest to the cuticle and worked back and forth with my dots until the tip of the nail. Let this dry completely.

5. Seal with a topcoat. I swear by Essie Good to Go, and I've tried plenty! My mani is still going strong after 4 days...only one nail is chipped (due to a fight with my desk drawer; I lost.)

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment