maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Monday, April 30, 2012

PFMs Music Corner: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Endlessly

current lineup, a la Google Images
Oh hell yes. That was my first thought when I found out the Red Hot Chili Peppers were going to be performing in my neck of the woods for what could be their final tour. A bunch of us have tickets to see them this Friday at the Prudential Center in NJ, and I couldn't be more excited. Their infectious energy makes me feel like a kid again...who doesn't want to feel that, even if just for the night! The last time I saw them live was a good 10 years ago, but my love for this band hasn't changed a bit. Listening to their music is one of my joys in life. And it's not just me- about 28 years after their debut, they were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Anthony Kiedis and Flea are still holding it down, even after some serious drug problems and several changes in the band lineup (oh how I still miss John Frusciante being in the mix.) It's pretty amazing when I think back to hearing Knock Me Down for the first time...I was probably 12 years old, and just completely hooked. Of course Blood Sugar Sex Magic was the "it" album by the time I reached high school, and that's about when the crush on Anthony Kiedis began. Anyone else with me? Anyway, I felt superior knowing that my younger brother and I had been listening to them for years at that point; we were all about Freaky Styley because Jared was going through a George Clinton phase and I learned everything about punk and funk music from him. Nowadays, I'm still a Stadium Arcadium girl. So there you go, a little known fact about me...I am and always will be a RHCP fan! If there was a soundtrack to my life, they would have the most tunes on there for sure. 

Who else is going to Friday night's show? It's going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment