maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, April 12, 2012

PFM Obsession: C. Wonder (ful)

The craziest thing happened the other day. I was at the Roosevelt Field mall, strolling around during lunchtime with my two favorite co-workers when something stopped us in our tracks. With our faces pressed up against the store window we swore we passed this spot a million times and never noticed the shop before. But with all the bright colors and swanky candy-colored decor...is that even possible? We felt compelled to go inside, and not just because by this point the store employees had clearly seen us gawking. Christopher Burch's new line, C. Wonder, will have you enthralled, from the super-colorful array of products to the beautiful window and floor displays. (Being an ex-display coordinator, I'm a sucker for smart merchandising tactics!) The best part is that it's a one-stop-shop. I love a store that covers everything from clothing to accessories to home design... to sporting goods? Seriously! I chatted a bit with a salesgirl who told me that this shop is still relatively new (that's why we never noticed it) and they currently have only four locations; three of them are in New York. Within a few minutes of browsing, several bright, cheery, and affordable items were calling my name. Plus, the whimsical website's sale section will have you smiling and filling up your cart for sure! I noticed there's one particular item not available online...the floral Vespa scooter that we drooled over for a couple of minutes. So take a peek at my top picks and then see if you aren't obsessed too!

1.You know I love me some neon...this skinny belt in neon yellow is a must.
2. Stripey boatneck tee- purely because you can never ever have too many striped tops. And if you don't have any, this is a perfect piece to start with. 
3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these loafers a lookalike to the more pricey J.Crew version? I believe they will be mine, in Cobalt Blue please.
4-6. I live in Long Beach. Everyone has a bike, except for my hubby and I. But things will be different this year...I can see myself cruising down to the farmer's market on one of these electric green lovelies using my bike basket and sporting a pair of super-cute sunnies!!!!
7. A brightly colored throw to curl up in during those breezy evenings on the porch.
8. Functional, decorative, and the perfect shade of glossy yellow...yes please.
9. One look at these Ikat patterned nesting bowls and I was smitten. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm heading there very soon! My gift cards for this store are burning a hole in my wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH I think it might be another group trip!!!

    ReplyDelete