maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Daily Outfit: Party Palazzos




I remember experimenting with fashion back in my high school days, browsing through the vintage treasures in my grandma Mimi's closet. She would coaxingly ask if I wanted to have any of her many pairs of printed palazzo pants. I would give a quick no thanks, thinking they were too busy and I'd much rather just continue to drag the bottoms of my super flared dark denim jeans along the floor (that I purchased from the local flea market and wore non-stop.) Umm it seems 16-year-old-me didn't know what she was passing up! Although I may have missed out on some sweet vintage options, this pair from Forever 21 are perfection. They are silky soft and oh-so-comfy. I wore this outfit over the weekend to a birthday party during some lovely 70 degree weather. The wide-leg floral pant can be extremely flattering, even (gasp!) on petite ladies. Stripes and florals totally play well together; the key is to keep the palette down to a similar hue so that the results are not distracting. My platform peep-toes were a must, seeing as I hemmed these babies myself to make them just skim the floor. Is it me, or do I look taller? In case you were wondering, nowadays there's not a wide-leg floral pant that I say no to!

(Frenchi Leather Bomber Jacket- Nordstrom... similar, Striped Top- H&M, Floral Wide Leg Pants- Forever 21, Metallic Belt- American Eagle, BCBG Peep Toe Platforms- old, but similar, Shoulder Sweeper Chandeliers in 24kt- MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment