maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PFM Obsession: Clarisonic Mia

It's been a month since I've stopped using my hands to wash my face. And I'm never turning back. Ever. 

The Clarisonic Mia has been in countless magazines, endlessly reviewed on websites, and stocked in many stores (helloooo Sephora.) But surprisingly there are still some beauty pros who are totally in the dark about this fantastic tool! It made me realize there must be plenty of beauty novices like myself who also need to be told about the Mia. Thus, a post dedicated to the new star of my cleansing routine. To prove my point...

I give you exhibit A: my sis Suzie who has taught me everything I know about makeup (besides Sesheta!) Since we were in our teens I've considered her my beauty guru; if I'm unsure about buying a new product I always run it by her to get an opinion. Nine times out of ten, she's already tried it! When I asked her about the Mia- she had never even heard of it. Now for the first time ever, Suzie wants to buy a beauty product that I told her about...whoaaaaa.

And exhibit B: my amazing hair stylist Tara who is also a professional makeup artist. She's up to date on the latest beauty trends and always has a hot product to tell me about when I see her. She constantly has me tempted to run out to try said new product(s). But strangely, I was the one telling her all about the Mia!

So ladies, here's what I did. I saved up some cash and took the plunge. The verdict? Let me just sum it all up for you: by day two, my face was noticeably softer. After a week, the dry patches I had (for months) around my nose and cheeks disappeared. The annoying pimples that I couldn't get rid of around my jawline are now totally gone. Before buying the Mia, I had even gone to a dermatologist who wanted to put me on antibiotics- ummm that was definitely not happening for this girl. Now I'm getting complements on my skin. The key was to upgrade my cleansing routine!

I could go on and on...but you get the idea. The winter is officially over and there's no better time to get rid of any dull flaky skin and start fresh. After all, it's your skin and it deserves special treatment!

And to my best girlie Dara, you will not regret this purchase. 

2 comments: