maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Daily Outfit: I Saw Red






Are we sick of hearing about "pops of color" yet? I tried to think of another phrase, but nothing really covers it like that one...let's go with "color burst" for today. After lots of searching, I found the perfect go-to top for a color burst this Spring. Besides looking at the classically chic Equipment blouses (but yes- they are pricey) it wasn't easy for me to find an affordable loose-fit silk blouse that met my criteria; I'm curvy and I love button-down blousy tops, but they don't always flatter my shape. There can be issues with pulling or gaping to consider, and I want to achieve that drapey shape without the blouse overwhelming me. The Blythe Blouse is perfection in bright red, and now I want one in every color...especially the neon versions!

This look is more "business" than what I usually go for, but I made it my own with a couple of  unexpected accents- my leopard booties, a full top-knot, and an oversized bloom. 

 I have a couple of tips when styling a this type of blouse...if you are petite and curvy like me, the structured blazer is a key piece. It will tame the drapey fit, ensuring that it doesn't engulf your frame and make you look bigger than you are. Also try tucking a loose blouse into fitted high-rise jeans or a pencil skirt. Totally flattering!

(Blythe Blouse- J.Crew, Cartonnier Blazer- Anthropologie, Silence & Noise High-Rise Jeans- Urban Outfitters, Lips-Urban Decay Super-Saturated Lip Color in Punch Drunk, Thai Rose Headband in Nude- MavenFresh, Leopard Booties- Nordstrom)

No comments:

Post a Comment