maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, March 15, 2012

PFM Confessional: Becca Says, Style Has No Number!

The latest issue of Lucky Magazine arrived, and I couldn't wait to curl up on the sofa and dive on in. When I got to the "Readers Ask" segment, there was a question that had me pausing to question myself. It read "I'm about to turn 30. Are there any clothing styles in your opinion that I need to say a long goodbye to?" 

Ok- take your time to reflect and then let's have a little fun. Are you in your 30s? Almost there? Already been there, done that? How would you respond...feel free to share with us! 

Well I immediately got defensive and thought to myself, hmmm do I remember consciously saying adieu to any of my style choices when I turned the big 3-0? Ummm definitely no- why would I have to do that? It shouldn't be about "having" to do anything. For me it was really more about my personal style developing and changing...and that's something that I will always love! That birthday 3 years ago had nothing to do with it. The trends always change, your taste will change, your budget can change, your shape might change. And I never once thought "uh-oh, now that I'm 30 I have to give up____." If you like it, wear it. Enjoy and stop paying so much attention to what other people think and what society deems appropriate. Plus, your confidence level is so much higher after leaving your 20s that (dare I say this) you should be looking forward to turning 30 instead of dreading it. Just now speaking from experience, being that I'm at a point where I can look back. In a world that is super-saturated with 20-something style bloggers, I'm proud that Sesheta and I are breaking that mold. We're going to continue sharing inspiration and our enthusiasm for style with you!

I love that Shopgirl posted about Advanced Style- a unique blog that totally drives the point home; style really has no number! 

PS-So what did Lucky have to say? I'm very happy to report that the awesome Ms. Jean Godfrey-June answered with a point-blank "no." And then she went on to tell a tale with the moral of the story being that the hottest age is from 32-35. Love this magazine now even more than ever. Ha!

(photo credit: Advanced Style- Ari Seth Cohen)

No comments:

Post a Comment