maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Daily Outfit: Effortless Chic





About 3 years ago, Sesheta and I were invited to NYC for a fashion sale event in a fab loft space. We were surrounded by racks of drapey dresses in bold patterns with a super-luxurious feel. I was an instant fan of the designer behind the collection- the talented Ashaka Givens, Sesheta's fly lady from way back. I tried this dress on and it was love! You know I'm a sucker for versatility...and this piece can change up from halter to strapless easily...and I've also worn it as a skirt. What else could you want...besides a few more beautiful designs from the her line (swoon!) 

I upped the boho chic factor with a messy side bun (tip- thick hair will stay put with spin pins)  and a fresh pair of feather earrings that are one-of-a-kind made for me, by me, yay! Tell us if you're interested in something similar. The warmer weather had me reaching for a breezy waterfall cardigan...effortless dressing is just too good.

Pssst...tomorrow Sesheta will be styling up another Ashaka Givens creation.

(Feather Wisp Earrings in Milky Peach- MavenFresh, Dress- Ashaka Givens, Drapey Cardigan- Forever 21, Booties- Nine West, Bracelet-Metal Monk)

No comments:

Post a Comment