maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Daily Outfit: You're So Cool






And I do mean you! Ahhh how I love a good safari jacket (or any jacket in the olive family) and the late August heat has me working with layers. Heat= a quick top knot hairstyle. Being in an office setting during most days and designer by night has me considering the possibility of some serious A/C on my outfit choice. There's no telling if it will be cool or warm...so it's important to be prepared! To balance the flowiness and maxi-length of the jersey dress, I paired it with the longer silhouette of the Expeditionary Jacket...the adjustable tie at waist is perfect for adding shape to this breezy look. I love to give an exotic twist with neon feather earrings and strappy flat sandals. Think about adding contrast & pops of bright to an otherwise neutral color story. Chunky beaded necklace...done & done. Sally Hansen's Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips are such an awesome alternative to traditional polish. The black/white zebra stripes are the perfect complement to my fresh grass green toes. Do you think this girl is afraid of color? 

As per this blog post's title, True Romance has been and always will be a favorite movie of mine. Everytime that Hans Zimmer song shuffles into rotation on my ipod, I crack a smile & turn it up!

P.S. so we've started a style blog that will include other bits of goodness too...wish us luck!!!!


(Siren Dress- J.Crew, Jacket- Anthropologie, Sandals- Sam Edelman @Bloomies, Light As a Feather Earrings in Amazon- MavenFresh, Necklace- Ebay)

No comments:

Post a Comment