maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Friday, August 26, 2011

Daily Outfit: Happy When It Rains

Getting dressed in the morning is usually the highlight of my day. I love to strut into my closet (yep it's a walk-in) and create an outfit based on how I'm feeling, or a color story, or a specific accessory. And this top is always a crowd pleaser, which makes me feel so good wearing it. I love the color, the ruffles that aren't too frilly, and the shape that is very flowy. Gotta rock it with skinny jeans to offset the volume of the top. Add some platform slingbacks in cognac and I am good to go. Certain color combos just click with me, and cognac with emerald green is one of them. In the fall I plan on wearing this top with a cognac leather jacket (I've yet to find the perfect jacket!) We took these pics right after a heavy rain yesterday, and the sun was trying to peek out just in time. Here's hoping that this weekend's impending storm passes on by just as quickly...stay safe on the east coast everyone! It's always fun to have some down-time to spend at home with loved ones, good wine, and some board games.

(Blouse and AG Stretch Denim Jeans- Anthropologie, Slingback Platforms- BCBG, Cardigan- J.Crew, Bracelet- Milk & Honey, New Jade Cascade Earrings- MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment