maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, May 24, 2012

PFMs Do It Better: Fighting Frizz!


Do you fear frizz and bad hair days? Are you tired of the rainy humid weather that we've been having for the past two weeks? Ladies (and gents) you are not alone...I give you two solutions for fighting frizz: my savior and my go-to.
 
Lately I've been getting well acquainted with Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray. I discovered this stuff during my trip to the Whittemore House Salon. The stylists are big fans of this line over there, and now I'm addicted too! This spray is perfect for keeping my fringe under control- a major plus for us gals with bangs. So far I've put a few different hairstyles to the test (loose natural waves, messy side bun, and a deep side sweep with flat iron) that ended up staying relatively frizz-free and not at all greasy. Yay! I highly recommend it although a bit pricey. You won't really be using this every day,  just as your savior from heat and humidity...boy do I see a bunch of those days in our near future.

When in doubt this spring and summer, grab a silk scarf and tie it around your head into a bow or wrap it turban-style. A bright color and pretty print will step up your outfit and let you embrace any unsightly frizz. Simple as that. My go-to collection of vintage silk scarves keeps growing every year. But I don't have a polka dot version just yet...!!!

So what do you use for frizz protection?

No comments:

Post a Comment