maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

PFM Confessional: Most Memorable Fashion Moment

my "new" pair of docs
my most memorable fashion moment is when i got my first pair of Doc Martens.  i had a pair of the low steel-toes and i loved them.  getting my Docs was a defining moment for me.  they symbolized so much more than just a new pair of shoes; for me, they symbolized "cool" at one of the best times in my life. 

it was the early '90's and i was in high school in the lower east village.  being a queens girl, it was my first introduction to life in the city.  i was instantly drawn to the village-inspired fashion and the quickest way to be "down" was to get a pair of Docs.  it was the first time i practiced the tried and true method of adding one statement piece to change my whole fashion perspective. oh and it did!  just like that, i looked and felt like i belonged.  ...but i can't think about Docs without thinking about all the time that i spent in the the Village roaming around from 8th street down to W. 4th, walking all over and in between.  i spent hours in the store Unique that used to be on Broadway.  i had countless numbers of Haagen Daz cookies and cream ice cream shakes from 8th street (yes, back when i ate dairy lol).  my girls and i enjoyed people watching (especially watching boys :).  i was young, wild and free.  yes, those were the good ol' days.  looking back, i have to credit this fashion moment as my most memorable and most influential! xo sesheta

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Kristian. I had a great time writing it so glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete