maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

PFMs on the Town: Saturday Night Lights

Sarah Brodsky...amazing!
Minerva Lions in action

That's me with the chocolate boots!
The weekend plan was to continue celebrating birthdays with my brother (turning the big 3-0) and some other lucky fellow Sagittarians on Saturday night. This meant a sweet low-key Friday night on the couch cuddled up with my man, our little kitty Stewie, and a soon-to-be-finished crocheted hoodie that I was excited to give as a gift. Do you know how challenging it is to be working with yarn around around a slightly crazy cat? Well it ain't easy but he's cute so I let it go.

My rock star bro always does it up right and this time was no exception! We headed to Brooklyn with friends for a delicious dinner at the Oak Wine Bar and then on to Big Sky Works. This definitely was the place to be if you wanted to catch a party that combined killer bands with amazing aerial acts, a DJ, and a light show. The Minerva Lions were especially fantastic (not that I'm biased, but hey I am related to the lead singer.) Hope you all had a splendid weekend. And look- here we are already at Wednesday...yay!
PS Since I really didn't get any detailed outfit photos worthy of posting, here's a re-creation...laid out on my bed. I wore this Saturday night and loved it so much that I wanted to give you a feel for the concept of the look. Sparkly sequins, faded black skinny jeans, and chocolate knee-high boots topped off with a fitted blazer. The finale was our latest earring creation- the Peacock Fan Fares with chain, sparkle and rich peacock colors that really popped against my hair and outfit. Olive, charcoal, and chocolate...loving it!

(Sequin Tank- J.Crew, AG Rosebud Jeans- Anthropologie, Cartonnier Blazer- Anthropologie, Frye Paige Cuff Boots- Tobi, Feather Fanfare Earrings {not yet available}- MavenFresh, Latico Clutch- Ooh La La)

No comments:

Post a Comment