maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Friday, December 16, 2011

Daily Outfit: A Jewel Tone Combo






 
Why do I find myself wanting to show more leg as the temperature drops down? Maybe because subconsciously I'm aware of that brief window we have in NY before it gets real cold and then tights will be totally out of the question (unless they are being worn under jeans for extra warmth!) So I'll just be rocking my cord shorts to death until that time comes.

One of my favorite winter fashion trends...making a statement in rich jewel tone hues. I love mixing different textures and saturated colors. If anything, dreary days will make the deep berry reds, bright mustard yellows, and bold emerald greens even more necessary. My shorts inspired me to work in other jewel tone pieces. Citrine tights...my collection just keeps growing!

Sophisticated jewel tones also made their way into nail trends...check out this DIY that combines three rich colors of polish and one metallic polish to create a unique look for any holiday party.

PS Can't stop wearing these ankle boots. I just love 'em. And like Sesheta said, outdoor photo shoots rule.

(Wide-Wale Roll-Ups- Anthropologie, Tucker Blouse- Target, Hue Tights- Anthropologie, Silk Blazer- J. Crew, Mixed Olive Elliptical Earrings- MavenFresh, High-Heel Ankle Boots- Zara)

2 comments:

  1. i have to confess, i ordered the boots! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I am so glad you decided to go for it. And thanks, we are always happy to be a source of inspiration!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete