maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Daily Outfit: A La Lucy

There is a whole wonderful world of fashion inspiration out there on the streets, but sometimes all it takes is a little peek to one of your favorite style bloggers and BAM- you can't wait to hit your closet and create your own version!

Meet Lucy from Lucy Laucht. She is a super stylish Brit living in Brooklyn, and I love how she mixes prints, patterns, and bright pops of color. When I saw this outfit I immediately thought of my own citron colored cowl-neck sweater, and how lonely it's been. Since it hasn't come out to play in a long time I was actually considering getting rid of it... until Lucy convinced me otherwise! This swingy little polka-dotted number was the perfect counterpart for a pop of citron with taupe accents. Finished it all off with my Leather Aries Jacket (not to be confused with the lucious Helmut Lang Chasm Shearling Jacket that I couldn't quite afford.) And that's ok, because I just love my Rachel Roy. 

Pure Cupcake paired with Pinot Noir!
I was comfortable enough for a day of work, yet decked out for a night of fun in the city that included a stop at NYC's Sweet Revenge. Yummm incredibly delicious cupcakes and wine...who knew they were such perfect counterparts too??!!

(RACHEL Rachel Roy Leather Aries Jacket- Macys 2010 {seen here}, Citron Cowl Sweater- Anthropologie, Skirt- Zara, Mini-Wedge Ankle Boot- Zara, Twigs & Berries Earrings- MavenFresh)

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE that Rachel Roy jacket! I wish it was from this season as I would go buy it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love it too! It one of my favorite buys ;-) I will def keep an eye out & let you know if I find anything.

    ReplyDelete