maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Friday, December 23, 2011

Daily Outfit: An Ode to Mimi

 
 
 
 
   My grandmother Mimi is one special lady. Not only is she loving, beautiful, refined, and brilliant, she was one heck of a fashionista in her day! It makes perfect sense that I have such an obsession with fashion. And did I mention that we happen to be the same size?! This dress came straight from the wondrous vintage collection of Mimi. I love playing with color and couldn't wait to create a color-blocked look (or ensemble, as Mimi would say with a French accent) with subtly printed tights and leopard...and more leopard!

Now at 91 years old Mimi doesn't always remember what she ate for breakfast, but you better believe that she keeps 4 closets in her house organized by season and type. I have cherished memories of days spent playing dress-up in her closet when I was young, and it seems that things haven't changed much! I'm fortunate that she is so eager to share not only her wardrobe, but her stories and memories with me. She's definitely my own personal style icon.
Mimi in 1947, (4 months pregnant with my mom) alongside my handsome grandpa. Everytime I see this picture I admire the way she has her tie-waist blouse layered effortlessly over her dress. Notice how she's holding her gloves with her clutch and has a flower in her hair (so chic!)

Enjoy the holidays and be sure to spend some quality time with your loved ones!!! We'll be back on Monday!
xoxo Becca

(Tangerine Dress- Vintage, Turtleneck- J.Crew, Leopard Belt- Anthropologie, Patterned Tights- Spanx, Leopard Booties- Aldo, Pineapple Drops- MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment