maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Daily Outfit: Birds of a Feather











some of my favorite MF designs are our feather earrings.  they really speak to the tribal and native vibe that flows through our designs.  i guess i was feeling very bird-like from my earrings to my 'fro-hawk.  which reminds me of the time our friend, Aimee said that she likes to play the game "Fish or Bird?" because she feels like everyone either looks like a fish or a bird.  LOL, when i first heard her say that, i started cracking up; then immediately afterwards, i couldn't help myself from thinking it whenever i saw someone... fish or bird? i mention all of this to say that, when it comes to myself, i guess i would be a bird.  although both birds and fish are colorful and can be beautiful, i see myself as more a creature of air than of water.  my fascination with feathers also helps me lean towards this choice.  then, add my long limbs and big hair... totally bird-like lol.  so my next question is... which one are you?

(Military puff-sleeve jacket - Free People, Tank - Old Navy, Dark skinny jeans - J Brand, Motorcycle booties - MIA, Jersey Mobius in charcoal and Macaw Feather earrings - MavenFresh)

No comments:

Post a Comment