maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

PFM Obsession: Bathroom Pendant Lighting

I'm officially on the house-renovation-train and not getting off until things are finished. And by finished, I mean that walls are closed up, floors are cleaned up, we have a place to sleep, and at least one bathroom completed. I would especially love it if our home smelled beautiful again (and not like sewage, thank you very much Sandy). This doesn't seem like too much to ask, right? The good news is that we are well on our way with the reconstruction...my hubby and I might be able to move back home before the New Year. High on our to-do list this weekend is to pick out pendant lighting for over the bathroom sink. Under regular circumstances, I totally enjoy the whole design process, but when it's rushed like this how can you not feel a bit of pressure to make the best decisions? So take a look- any opinions will be very happily accepted. The home design inspiration just keeps a-flowing over on our Pinterest boardsxoxo Becca


Ok y'all, here's the color plan for the main floor bath: charcoal walls (Benjamin Moore- Racoon Fur) with yellow and/or deep blue accents. Our tile is picked and ready to go...white subway for the frameless shower walls, and marble hex on the floors. We chose chrome cross-handled faucets and showerhead from Moen (Weymouth)The sink (pedestal?) and mirror will be chosen last, depending on how much space we end up with after the shower is finished. We already have this Kohler medicine cabinet so we will definitely make it work in either in this bathroom or the one in the basement. 


1. Regina Andrew Antique Mercury Glass Candy Dish Pendant is both vintage and feminine.
2. Regina Andrew Cage Pendant pulls off industrial yet soft.
3. Glass Bulb Pendant, it's a classic.
4. West Elm Industrial Pendant is glamorous and still simple. 
5. Lafitte Pendant- ooh bubble glass. Just not sure about the white cord.
6. Pelle Bubble Chandelier would only happen in my dreams!
7. Capiz Pendant- I love the texture.
8. In Orbit Pendant, known as "hip vintage"
9. Meridian Pendant Lamp has a vintage-modern look.
10. Roost Berlin Pendant Light is another clear glass option with vintage style.

So many lovely options, but I have to choose just one. Are any of you currently in the middle of designing or renovating a bathroom? 

2 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous options! I think I like 3, 4 & 8 best, but don't ask me why because I like them all :-)

    Jxx
    www.my-changing-room.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? I am definitely having fun while picking these beauties out! And #4 will be easy on the wallet. Thanks for your input...I need to narrow my options down real soon.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete