maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

PFMs in the Kitchen: Thanksgiving is Here!

Thanksgiving means more to me than ever this year. I've always loved this holiday for a couple of very specific reasons...my brother and I both have birthdays that happen to fall on or around this holiday (yay!) Next reason is the food: my mother serves up a few of her infamous (and my absolute fave) vegetarian Thanksgiving dishes. Ultimately, nothing can hold a candle to the real excitement behind the holiday- recognizing and being able to give thanks for what's important in life. To my husband, my in-laws, and my sweet sweet friends...I hope you feel the major vibes of gratitude that I'm sending your way. To my mother and brother...this will be the first Thanksgiving in (too) many years when we will be celebrating altogether under the same roof and I can't wait. Lastly to my incredible neighbors and friends in Long Beach with whom we will forever share a special bond...I'm grateful for all the support and help we've given each other over the last few weeks. For our readers that want to give back and help those affected by Hurricane Sandy, you can find one of the many options right here.

And as always, let's bring on the healthy living! Things have been too chaotic lately for me to post any of our actual Thanksgiving recipes, so I borrowed inspiration from the internet to give you a glimpse at some dishes that are similar to what we will be chowing down on tomorrow. Our Thanksgiving will be a non-traditional mix of vegetarian-vegan-deliciousness! Have a wonderful holiday! xoxo Becca

Poblano Cornbread Stuffing | Love and Lemons for Camille Styles
Poblano Cornbread Stuffing via loveandlemons

Spiced Tofu Katsu via The Cilantropist (Tofu Cutlets are the superstars of our Thanksgiving!)

Brussel Sprouts and Red Cabbage Slaw
Brussels Sprouts and Red Cabbage Slaw via The Yellow Table

Parsnip Puree Topped with Almond Parmesan via sb&gb

Gluten-Free Apple Cranberry Crisp via Two Peas & Their Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment