maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Daily Outfit: You Were My First





I passed you by again and again...circling the racks just to catch a glimpse. I loved your zig zag pattern and fitted silhouette. Finally I had you in my arms and brought you to the register to take you home and make you mine. Ahhh you will always remember your very first Anthropologie purchase. That was about 11 years ago and our relationship is still going strong. 

Working at Anthro had it's perks for sure. Besides the pure amazingness of being a part of the visual team and the force behind those beautiful ever-changing vignettes that Anthro is known for, I was surrounded by the most creative people and sweetest assortment of merchandise ever. Sometimes the down-side was watching your paycheck disappear before you even get your hands on it thanks to a lovely employee discount. But being young and naive, I left to join the more formal "corporate" ranks of the visual merchandising and display team at Lord & Taylor in NYC. Not exactly what I expected. 

Ok, enough with the trip down memory lane...let's get back to the star of this post- my skirt. I love a good denim-knit combo. This time around my skirt inspired me to put together a grandma-chic look with a mixture of prints, layers, and textures. Accessorized with my crocheted Elliptical Earrings for their pop of color and handmade vibe. 

Feel free to share your most memorable fashion purchase!

(Elliptical Earrings- MavenFresh, Sleeping On Snow Skirt- Anthropologie {circa 2000}, Ruffled Herringbone Blazer- Sample Sale, Essential Tunic- Anthropologie, Boots- Michael Kors, Loupe Belt- Hayden Harnett)

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love that you remember your first Anthro purchase! I do, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Come on, how could you not, right??!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete