maven (noun) -someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field; an expert or connoisseur; experienced.

fresh (adj) -original, vivid, cool, fashionable, sparkling, green; not previously known; new or different; not altered by processing.

Rebecca + Sesheta = MavenFresh

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Daily Outfit: Feminine Fashion + Festivities Part Un

My very best friend is having a baby! Yep, a little bundle of boy will soon be joining our close circle and let me tell you he will have a lot of aunties that love him! Sesheta and I both had the pleasure of being guests at her baby shower; of course when there's lots of females in attendance, fashion is always on the menu. It's no surprise that our outfits completely complemented each other, right down to the color story. Not at all pre-planned, but us PFMs are always on that same style wavelength! You will just have to wait till tomorrow to see Sesheta's fab outfit...to be continued.

We enjoyed a beautiful sunny fall day, and temperatures were on the warm side- perfect for lightweight tights with lots of leg. I wanted to wear something feminine and fun, so I opted for soft colors and ruffly tiers. The olive tights were the final addition to the color combo of peach, plum, and taupe. I love to mix and match... and my favorite fall coat complimented the look oh so well. Have to tell you that I've been on the hunt for an affordable lace-up wedge bootie in a neutral color. Ladies, that search is over thanks to Zara. These lil bootie beauties are getting compliments left and right; in fact my co-worker just placed an online order for her new pair yesterday. Did we mention that Sesheta and I are here for your personal shopping pleasure?

Don't know about you but I look at every event as a fun fashion opportunity to dig in my closet and come up with a never-worn-before combination. I am sure that many of you readers have found yourselves at that point in life when the invites for showers, engagement parties, and wedding rehearsals are pouring in. Do you stress over what to wear to these celebrations? Instead of running out and thinking you have to spend money on something new, take a long look in your closet. I can pretty much guarantee that you already own something that is perfect for the occasion, but just needs a little tweaking to make it look fresh. Remember that expensive dress you bought for the last event? Well, wear it- but change up the accessories or shoes and layer a different cardigan or blazer on top. You can make something look brand new again and I promise no one will be the wiser. And then you will save your money for that new handbag you were lusting after!

Stumped by style? Let us know, we are more than happy to chat.

(Charlotte Tarantola Cardigan- Anthropologie, Tunic Dress- H&M, Ribbed Tights- J.Crew, Shoulder Strands Earrings in 24kt- MavenFresh, Socks and Mini-Wedge Ankle Boot- Zara, Umbered Houndstooth Coat- Anthropologie)

No comments:

Post a Comment